Charities Aid Foundation Coronavirus Emergency Fund
About this Fund
In this time of national crisis, CAF has launched this rapid response Fund to help smaller charitable organisations affected by the impact of Covid-19. Grants of up to £10,000 will help them to continue to deliver much needed support to our communities across the UK.
This is intended as a rapid response fund, and we aim to make payments to selected organisations within 14 days of application.
We anticipate high numbers of applicants and unfortunately it is likely that we will not be able to offer a grant to all eligible applicants.
Who can apply?
Organisations with a charitable purpose and charitable activities, which had income of £1million or less in their last financial year.
- UK registered charities (registered with Charity Commission, Scottish Charity Regulator or Charity Commission for Northern Ireland, or as shown in the Charities Act 2010)
- Organisations registered with Companies House or the Public Mutuals Register, as a charitable or not-for-profit entity, eg Community Interest Companies, Companies Limited by Guarantee and others
- Unregistered entities and social enterprises.
How much can you apply for?
Organisations in the UK with charitable activities can apply for up to £10,000 to support day to day activities in the current health emergency or your Covid-19 emergency response activities.
It is possible that not all grants will be made at the full amount. Please apply for an amount that will make a suitable difference to the size and activities of your organisation.
What can you apply for?
You can apply for unrestricted funding for core costs, staffing, volunteer costs, supplies and equipment, communications or other critical charitable areas. You must be able to describe how an emergency grant will improve the situation for your organisation and community.
Please make only one application. Multiple applications will slow the process down and only one grant is possible for any organisation.
Please remember that this is intended as an emergency fund to enable your charitable activities to continue at the moment in whatever way is needed; it is not designed to replace other lost income in the longer term.
What we cannot fund
There are a small number of exclusions to the fund.
We will certainly not be able to fund:
- Individuals, or groups of individuals who have come together recently to provide informal support services to their communities
- Any organisation more than once. Please ensure that only one application is submitted from your organisation.
Plus, organisations that:
- Use the funds to make grants or financial donations to other organisations or to individuals
- Discriminate on the basis of age, race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or other unlawful basis
- Are religious charities whose activities only promote the furtherance of their religion or only benefit their own religious members
- Are political parties or campaigns.