Hemyock Village Hall

Facilities
  • Bar available

  • Carpark

  • Coach parking

  • Disabled access

  • Disabled toilets

  • Inside toilets

  • Kitchen available

  • Stage available

  • Street parking

Description

The Hemyock Parish Hall is probably one of the finest in Devon. It is well appointed, well maintained, and very well used. Every conceivable use is made of the building: concerts, public meetings, musical shows, weddings, flower shows, exhibitions, festivals, a Saturday Market, a dance class, inddor bowls, aerobics, and much, much more.

The Parish Hall is in the centre of the village of Hemyock, and has a car park for about 25 cars. There is a cricket pitch size open space alongside and a childrens' playground. The Post Office and shop is conveniently located close by.

The foundation stone was laid in 1927, by the Revd de Burgh Forbes, and behind the foundation stone was placed a time capsule. The Hall was built by Mr Jim Hart. The Revd Forbes was remembered when the smaller of the rooms in the building was named 'The Forbes Lounge'.

The Parish Hall is managed by a committee, that also looks after the recreation field beside the hall and the small playground in the centre of village.

Rooms available
Room name Description Seating (at tables) Standing capacity Tables Chairs
Main Hall
Badminton-court sized room
200
250
40
200
Forbes Lounge
Independent or annexed room
60
60
10
40