Please note, this is an online course which will be held using Zoom software.
Members of Devon Communties Together: £65.27*
Charities, Community Groups, Local Councils: £86.83*
Private Sector & Statutory Local Authorities: £199.17*
*The discounted membership price on many of our training courses is one of a number of benefits provided to members of Devon Communities Together and is available to new and existing members. With annual membership starting from just £24 for individuals and small organisations, up to £50 for larger organisations, taking out a membership can be a great way to save money on your training needs. To find out more and join DCT today, call 01392 248919 or visit our membership page.
This course is for people with little knowledge of the benefits system and those who need refresher training. It provides an overview of the current benefits and tax credits system and the way it is changing, including the introduction of Universal Credit. It will give participants a better understanding of:
- The financial help that is currently available to people in a wide range of circumstances;
- The impact of recent and future changes to the system which will have a significant impact on all benefit claimants.
The course will enable participants to:
- identify key conditions of entitlement to a range of individual benefits for people in different circumstances;
- understand the basics of ‘means-testing’ and how disability-related benefits may increase entitlement;
- identify and access resources for identifying entitlement and making referrals.
YOUR TUTOR: VINCENT WILLSON
Vincent has worked for the Citizens Advice service in Devon since 1985. As an experienced trainer, he has provided benefits training for many years to voluntary and statutory sector staff, covering all aspects of the benefits system from introductory courses to Tribunal Representation. He has been a benefits caseworker for most of his working life, having taken cases to the Upper Tribunal level. He has been providing benefits training for Citizens Advice Devon since 2017. He is the Chief Officer at Citizens Advice Teignbridge.