Help shape Maternity services in Devon
Update 12pm Monday 28th September: Voting has now closed for the Chair and Vice Chair Elections.
Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP) Election of Chair & four Vice Chairs September 2020
Following the nomination process, please find below the candidate statements for each of the positions. Further details of the voting process can be found below, from step 3 onwards.
Please note: Due to the time taken to process membership applications and allocate unique voter numbers, only existing members of Devon Maternity Voices Partnership and new members who submit their application by 5pm on Thursday 23rd September, will be eligible to vote in the forthcoming Chair and Vice Chair Elections. Applications received after this time will be processed after the election process has been completed.
Process for Election to the offices of MVP Chair & four Vice Chairs September 2020
To ensure the independence of the MVP in Devon, the election will be managed by and the roles will be hosted by Devon Communities Together.
1. If you are interested in the role of Devon MVP Chair or one of the four MVP Vice Chairs, please complete the Election Nomination Form, available in Word and PDF (see above) and return to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 11th September 2020. Please put either MVP Chair or MVP Vice Chair Nomination in your subject header.
2. Election nomination forms received will be reviewed on Monday 14th September 2020. Copies of eligible election nominations will be circulated to members of the MVP Board by the current MVP chair on Tuesday 15th September 2020.
3. Devon Communities Together will oversee the election process and appoint two independent returning officers for the election. The MVP membership will be provided with a link to an online ballot form for the Chair position and the four Vice Chair positions at the MVP partnership board meeting to be held via Zoom on Saturday 26th September 2020 at 10am - 12pm.
4. At the MVP partnership board meeting, candidates standing for election will be given two minutes each to talk about their suitability for the roles and what they would like to achieve. After their presentations, the current MVP Chair will make the link available to the online ballot form which members are required to use to vote.
5. Voting will be open from 12 noon on Saturday 26th September to 12 noon Monday 28th September 2020. All ballot forms received within this 48 hour period will be verified and counted by the returning officers for the election and the person with the most votes for each of the five positions will be elected to the role. Ballot forms not submitted by a registered MVP member or not received within the 48 hour voting period will be discounted. The election results will be sent to the outgoing MVP Chair on Monday 28th September and the Chair will announce the election results to the membership.
6. The new Chair and Vice Chairs will immediately take over their roles and Devon Communities Together will provide induction and ongoing support to the elected Chair and Vice Chairs.
To discuss this process further, please contact the current MVP Chair firstname.lastname@example.org