Funding to Support Community Response to Covid-19
Devon County Council has launched the COVID-19 Prompt Action Fund to provide flexible resources to organisations working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the social and economic consequences of this outbreak.
Grants available for applications of UNDER £500
While our healthcare systems, public health practitioners, and Local and National Government are doing everything in their power to slow the spread of coronavirus, our Voluntary and Community Sector organisations and local communities are also preparing to safely assist those most vulnerable during this unprecedented time.
Through the COVID-19 Action Fund, DCC will rapidly provide small amounts of grant funding to community-led schemes, which identify and/or achieve the small but important things that can safely address some of the issues that are arising because of this Coronavirus outbreak
These can include:
- Safe deliveries of essential goods and services to those who are vulnerable, such as foods and medicines.
- Support for accessing online information and services
- Virtual support groups to help people to stay connected and informed and to maintain and support mental health and wellbeing
- Transport related initiatives that support safe community responses to the outbreak.
Applications are accepted from constituted and not-for-private-profit Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector groups and organisations, Town and Parish Councils, charities or businesses, or a combination of such groups working together
**(a) Non-constituted groups without their own, separate bank account, small local businesses and individuals may apply but they will need to do so with the support of an accountable constituted organisation acting on their behalf either as guarantor or as the holder of the funding. If you fall into this category, organisations that DCC would accept as guarantor or fund holder include:
- Town or Parish Councils
- Local Community and Voluntary Services organisation (CVS)
- Village Hall
- Another constituted local Voluntary group that qualifies
If you are uncertain how to do this then please contact COVID19FUND@devon.gov.uk and mark your email SUPPORT in the subject line.
The application form can be accessed online here: https://www.devon.gov.uk/document/covid-19-prompt-action-fund/