- £49.10: Members of Devon Communities Together
- £59.88: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £76.05: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
The Mental Capacity Act aims to empower and protect people who may not be able to make some decisions for themselves. It also enables people to plan ahead in case they are unable to make important decisions for themselves in the future.
The course includes the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) – a set of checks that aims to make sure that any care that restricts a person’s liberty is both appropriate and in their best interests. People working in social care must have an awareness of and be able to implement this act in their daily practice.
This course is suitable for organisations, groups and community centres.
aims and objectives
- Explain what is meant by the term “capacity”
- Understand the importance of the MCA Code of Practice
- Understand the key principles of the MCA
- Explain why it is important to assume someone has capacity unless there is evidence they do not
- Recognise who may lack capacity to make decisions
- Explain what is meant by “consent" and how it can change according to what decisions may need to be taken
- Identify ways in which you can assist people to make decisions for themselves
- Understand how and why capacity is assessed and who can undertake a capacity assessment
- Explain what is meant by a best interest decision
- Understand what IMCAs do
- Explain what a Lasting Power of Attorney is
- Understand your role regarding deprivation of liberty
- Understand the meaning of advanced statements regarding future care
- Understand record keeping and recognise when to ask for guidance
about your tutor
Amplio Training is a local Independent Training Provider based in Sidmouth, East Devon and covering all of SW England. We specialise in bespoke First Aid, Health & Safety accredited courses and Health & Social Care courses in line with latest regulations provided at your own site or at our training venue.
Amplio Training was formed in 2017 by Deborah Cox (BSc Hons) who has had 15 years experience in the training industry. We deliver professional, adaptable programmes and our experience, knowledge and commitment is reflected in the quality of our training courses..
Our training courses are thorough, interactive, engaging and fun. We use a variety of training tools and realistic scenarios to encourage discussion and learning.
Please let Support Services know if there is anything that would affect your learning and if there is anything we can do to enable you to fully participate in our courses and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call Support Services on 01392 248919 or email email@example.com