Specialist village hall support from New Start Devon
Do business differently: Community Buildings
Do you want to develop your Village Hall’s income?
Perhaps you want to start a new initiative such as a ‘Warm Hub’?
Are you looking to build, renovate, or add facilities?
Get 12 hours’ FREE support from Devon Communities Together
Management committees (trustees) work hard to improve their halls, add facilities and develop new activities. Be it a ‘new build’ or starting a new project, planning, finding the funding and delivering for their communities is hard work, requiring knowledge, research, and tenacity. DCT is pleased to add to the support it provides to community buildings by offering a new programme of guidance to help you grow your hall’s impact on your community.
With the cost-of-living crisis this winter Village Halls and Community Buildings are increasingly needed as warm hubs for people to socialise, work, get health information and support, collect and cook food. Building on the Village Halls and Community Buildings Audit taking place in Devon this autumn, Village Halls will need to plan to develop projects like warm hubs as well as providing the best energy saving and insulation possible to support their community and developing sustainable income models.
Is YOUR hall ready?
Book up for 12 hours of free online enterprise and project support for your Hall worth over £1,000.
The programme will be individually tailored to your ideas, with the opportunity to discuss your project plans with experts and other individuals on a similar pathway. You'll benefit from:
- Bootcamp - Full day of workshops on
- Thinking creatively about your project or enterprise idea to support your community this winter and in the years to come
- Firming up your project idea
- Reaching your customers and hall users - marketing messages using and social media
- ‘Where does the money come from’ – raising funds from asking to earning,
- Looking after your hall and the planet – energy saving and insulation
- Individual Coaching - 3 sessions
- Research - A project coach will investigate funding for your project and discuss research notes
- In depth 3 hour workshop sessions on a variety of topics including ‘Writing Effective Funding Applications’, Business Planning, ‘Engaging Stakeholders’, ‘Energy saving and Insulation of Community Buildings’
Find out more, check your eligibility and register today! Contact Hannah or Martin, or call 01392 248919.
Hannah Reynolds - firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Rich - email@example.com
This programme is receiving funding from the European Regional Development Fund.