Vision, values and strategic aims
Devon Communities Together, the community council for Devon, is a champion for its people and environment - helping communities help themselves.
vision and values
Our vision is to inspire and support rural communities in Devon to be dynamic and sustainable places for people to live and work.
We will achieve this through our values of:
Our strategic aims
Our key strategic objectives are to:
- champion diversity and inclusion, hear minority voices and respond to their needs
- identify and work to reduce inequalities to ensure ‘rural proofing’ of services, and to improve community health and wellbeing
- work with communities to develop innovative ways to achieve community resilience and a positive impact for climate change and sustainability
- develop community capacity building, through local facilities, spaces, services, people and their skills
- support Devon’s rural economy, local entrepreneurs and businesses to develop and thrive, and promote community wealth building
- flourish as an agile, flexible, learning organisation, responding positively to the evolving needs of our communities, stakeholders and staff
These are our benchmark for success and enable us to measure the impact of our work. Visit our Measuring our Impact page for copies of our impact reports and case studies that demonstrate the difference we're helping to make.