An Early Bird 10% discount is available for this course if you book more than 4 weeks prior to the course start date! Early Bird discounts are an exclusive offer for selected courses only.
- £53.89*: Members of Devon Communities Together and Citizens Advice staff/volunteers
- £75.21: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £101.86: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
*The heavily discounted membership price on many of our training courses is one of a number of benefits provided to members of Devon Communities Together and is available to new and existing members. With annual membership starting from just £24 for individuals and small organisations, up to £50 for larger organisations, taking out a membership can be a great way to save money on your training needs. To find out more and join DCT today, call 01392 248919 or visit our membership page.
Don’t know your Universal Credit from your Pension Credit? Confused about what who gets PIP and who gets Attendance Allowance? This course can help you pick your way through the minefield and help you support others to do the same.
This course is for people with little knowledge of the benefits system and those who need refresher training. It provides an overview of the current benefits and tax credits system and the way it is changing, including the introduction of Universal Credit. It will give participants a better understanding of:
1. The financial help that is currently available to people in a wide range of circumstances
2. The impact of recent and future changes to the system which will have a significant impact on all benefit claimants.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMISSION THIS AS AN IN-HOUSE COURSE TAILORED TO YOUR ORGANISATIONAL NEEDS PLEASE CONTACT INFO@DEVONCOMMUNITIES.ORG.UK
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The course will enable participants to:
1. Identify key conditions of entitlement to a range of individual benefits for people in different circumstances;
2. Understand the basics of ‘means-testing’ and how disability related benefits may increase entitlement
3. Identify and access resources for identifying entitlement and making referrals.
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Vincent has worked for the Citizens Advice service in Devon since 1985. As an experienced trainer, he has provided benefits training for many years to voluntary and statutory sector staff, covering all aspects of the benefits system from introductory courses to Tribunal Representation. He has been a benefits caseworker throughout his working life, having taken cases up to the Upper Tribunal level. He continues to work as a benefits caseworker, providing advice and assistance to families with children with disabilities and to young people with disabilities. He also provides benefits advice as part of the Devon Advice Service for Working Age Carers and is the Chief Officer at Citizens Advice Teignbridge.
Please let Support Services know if there is anything that would affect your learning and if there is anything we can do to enable you to fully participate in our courses and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call Support Services on 01392 248919 or email email@example.com
If you would prefer to pay for your course via an invoice instead of booking online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 248919. If you wish to receive a receipt of payment, please let us know.