Neighbourhood Planning was introduced in the Localism Act 2011 to allow communities to have a say in the kind and amount of development that is appropriate for their community.
Once adopted, a neighbourhood plan will form part of the Local Development Plan. Other elements of the legislation include: Neighbourhood Development Orders & Community Right to Build Orders.
Why choose Catalyst to help you?
Catalyst is a trusted service, with extensive experience of effective community consultation, which is at the heart of Neighbourhood Planning. This interactive map shows where and with whom we've worked.
We understand the needs and aspirations of communities and local planning authorities and will offer unbiased support and advice based on the Localism Act, Neighbourhood Planning Regulations and National Planning Policy Framework.
Our links with the Devon Association of Local Councils (DALC) keeps us in close contact and we understand the issues and concerns of Parish and Town Councils when taking on this responsibility.
With services designed around you, we will offer the right level of support for your needs, from an advisory role to a leading role, where we will drive the whole process for you.
- help you understand the objectives and methods of Neighbourhood Planning
- help you decide if you need a Neighbourhood Plan
- support your transition from an existing Parish / Town Plan to a Neighbourhood Plan
- guide you through the Neighbourhood Plan process
- help you with consultation
- help you to draft your ‘final’ plan
- work in partnership with your local authority to ensure that you develop a truly effective plan
We can also help you put together funding bids to develop proposals under any of the other ‘Community Rights’ introduced in the Localism Act 2011, including the Right to Build, the Right to Bid and the Right to Challenge.
For an initial, no commitment, discussion about your requirements please contact: 01392 248919 or email email@example.com
Watch this Understanding our Neighbourhood Planning video here
Download our Neighbourhood Planning leaflet here