Bicton Parish Recreation Room (now known as Yettington Village Hall) first existed as an army hut housing American GI's on Woodbury Common during WWII.
Following the Second World War, the hut was gifted to Bicton Parish by Colonel Richard Dyke OBE of the Rectory, Bicton, in 1947.
The building was then moved to its current position, on land Lord Clinton bequeathed to the community by way of a Deed of Gift.
It was officially opened as Bicton Recreation Room on 7th February 1948 and the clock at the back of the Hall was presented on the same day by a Mr Fred Sage. Lord Clinton and the Chairmen of East Budleigh, Otterton and Colaton Raleigh Parish Councils attended.
The Hall is available for hire at:
£ 8 per hour
£30 per half day
£50 per full day