Safeguarding means protecting a person’s right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect. Legislation such as the Care Act 2014 means you need to understand and develop your /workforce in order to prevent abuse and to recognise and respond effectively.
This course is suitable for organisations, groups and community centres that have a duty of care in protecting adults who are at risk of harm or abuse.
aims and objectives
- Be aware of relevant legislation, local and national procedures which relate to safeguarding adults
- Know your own role and responsibilities in safeguarding individuals
- Recognise the main types of abuse
- Describe ways in which the likelihood of abuse can be reduced by managing risk and focusing on prevention
- Describe how care environments can promote or undermine peoples dignity and rights
- Discuss the procedures for reporting concerns and making safeguarding alerts
- Know how to raise concerns within local whistle blowing policies
about your tutor
Amplio Training is a local Independent Training Provider based in Sidmouth, East Devon and covering all of SW England. We specialise in bespoke First Aid, Health & Safety accredited courses and Health & Social Care courses in line with latest regulations provided at your own site or at our training venue.
Amplio Training was formed in 2017 by Deborah Cox (BSc Hons) who has had 15 years experience in the training industry. We deliver professional, adaptable programmes and our experience, knowledge and commitment is reflected in the quality of our training courses..
Our training courses are thorough, interactive, engaging and fun. We use a variety of training tools and realistic scenarios to encourage discussion and learning.
Please let Support Services know if there is anything that would affect your learning and if there is anything we can do to enable you to fully participate in our courses and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call Support Services on 01392 248919 or email email@example.com