Devon Communities Together
Devon Communities Together is the Rural Community Council for Devon. We are an independent charity, which works with communities across Devon to help them tackle the challenges they are facing, which at the moment are exacerbated by the Cost of Living Crisis.
Founded in 1961, we have accumulated a wealth of experience in helping communities resolve and progress the matters that are important to them. We work in partnership with Devon County Council, District Councils, Town and Parish Councils and the NHS across Devon, as well as a wide range of voluntary organisations and community groups.
Take a look our latest video for a bitesized overview of what we do, and hear from some of the communities we've worked with:
Our projects and services change over time, depending on what communities need. However, our work has included:
- working with communities to address the lack of affordable housing for local people,
- designing initiatives to help people to access important services such as healthcare,
- supporting people with digital connectivity and skills,
- helping people to develop their own small businesses,
- giving advice to people in fuel poverty,
- supporting Village Halls committees to develop their spaces,
- helping people to address the climate emergency and serious weather conditions at a local level,
- and many more.
measuring our impact
Please see our Measuring Our Impact page for a series of impact reports to showcase to our supporters what their contribution is helping us to achieve within Devon's communities, as well as a selection of case studies.