Community Unity latest and what's next
What is the project doing?
- Asset Mapping – gathering local knowledge and collating a new directory of local resources.
- Ideas Factory events – facilitated exercises tapping into local enthusiasm to deliver novel solutions.
- Action Plans – distilled the Factory findings down into a set of actions to move ahead with.
- Timebanking – working collaboratively to deliver a new volunteering framework.
- Crowdfunding – demonstration projects to open up alternative funding sources to the community.
- Emergency Planning – encouraging resilience through the development of plans and volunteers.
- Continue to follow through on Action Plan points.
- Encouraging and supporting activities and initiatives that fall out from APs (or appear).
- Identify initial Timebanking opportunities and work to deliver as examples.
- Raise awareness of Crowdfunding opportunities and identify small pilot projects to put through system.
- Continue to work with Town Clerks to progress and deliver Emergency Plans.
- Line up potential volunteers to support their local plans (flood wardens/snow wardens/etc.)
- Work with relevant agencies/providers to prepare training to develop these volunteer pools.
- Continue to connect with identified support groups, projects and networks.
- Work with them to recruit, train and deploy volunteers.
- Database training opportunities. Introduce links to communities as required.
- Finalise ToC Model, ensure all activities are aligned to it and working correctly.