- £107.19: Members of Devon Communities Together
- £149.83: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £203.13: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
Train the Trainer
A practical course to introduce/refresh skills for trainers involved at all levels with community groups.
The course will involve discussion and use of materials, methods, relevant equipment and styles, adapting them to the needs of learners in a variety of settings relevant to course participants.
There will also be discussion of resources to reinforce/enable continued learning for participants.
*This is a two day course - the second day of the course is on the 24th June (same times) Please attend both days to complete the course.
aims and objectives
By the end of this course, it is hoped participants will be able to:
1. Describe how to identify and meet the training needs for a group or individual.
2. Choose and adapt materials and activities appropriate to the needs of the learner/s.
3. Identify the range of resources available for delivering training sessions.
4. Explain the purpose and value of learning objectives.
5. Identify strategies for managing difficult situations.
6. Describe and demonstrate the tutor skills necessary for effective presentation of material.
7. Demonstrate how to deliver a learning activity, including giving a clear introduction and learning summary.
8. Evaluate the effectiveness of a session.
about your tutor
Gill Bonney is a trainer (NOCN qualified) and assessor (City & Guilds) working for over 20 years for Citizens Advice, Consumer Direct, ECCABI and other charitable agencies. Writing and delivering information and skills training to groups of varying abilities, involving learners from groups with no formal qualifications through to groups of management and support staff.
Courses delivered include: Applying for Universal Credit, Pro Qual Step-up Level 1 QCF Award (units in Money Management & Personal Budgeting, with Understanding Customer Service); Interview Skills (face-to-face & telephone); Negotiation Skills; Contact Centre Skills; Introduction to Employment Law; etc.
Most recent project: created, written and delivering sessions on financial capability, job applications, CVs and negotiation for two projects in Cornwall involving tenants of local housing associations and in association with The Learning Partnership. Both projects involve participants who are out of work through sickness, disability or who have learning disabilities. The learning and activities are adapted as we work with the groups to ensure all participants get the best from the sessions and gain a QCF level 1 award, where appropriate.
Please let Support Services know if there is anything that would affect your learning and if there is anything we can do to enable you to fully participate in our courses and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call Support Services on 01392 248919 or email email@example.com