We're pleased to share news of some exciting online seminars from Cirican Consulting (of which DCT is a partner) and The Open University.
Ideas and innovations for levelling up in rural places
Cirican, the rural research by rural communities company, and the Open University are pleased to present our ideas and innovation for levelling up in rural places webinar series.
Working with our partners we are showcasing and sharing the learning of what works in tackling health inequalities, digital transformation and the role of social enterprise in rural communities.
18 MAY - 11.00-12.30pm - Social Enterprise
This event has now finished
15 JUN - 11-12.30pm - Tackling health inequalities
Hear from guest speakers:
Dr Lincoln Sargeant, Director of Public Health Torbay and Chair of Devon Health Inequalities Group
- Professor Colin Lorne, Open University - Place matters!
- Professor Sheena Asthana, University of Plymouth - Levelling up the English periphery: why we need to focus on children and young people
- Diana Crump, Living Options Devon - Empowering People with Disabilities to tackle rural health inequalities
13 JUL - 11-12.30pm - Digital Futures – IT and Connectivity
Who should attend?
These webinars are designed to bring policy and practice to life, appealing to policymakers, practitioners, councils, VCSEs and funders alike, giving you opportunities to network and explore how to take forward these ideas in your own communities.
Why these seminars?
Sustainable rural communities are enterprising, well connected and healthy. Our first three seminars showcase great practice in these areas and our
commitment to it.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
- Welcome from hosts
- Hear from our three key speakers
- Facilitated group discussion
- Identification of the key themes
- Each seminar will be held between 11:00AM and 12:30PM
- Each seminar will be held online via Zoom
- If you are interested in joining us, please sign up using the Eventbrite link for each seminar (above)
- For more information, please download the brochure here