Please note, this is an online course which will be held using Zoom software.
- £38.32*: Members of Devon Communities Together
- £49.10*: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £70.66*: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
*The discounted membership price on many of our training courses is one of a number of benefits provided to members of Devon Communities Together and is available to new and existing members. With annual membership starting from just £24 for individuals and small organisations, up to £50 for larger organisations, taking out a membership can be a great way to save money on your training needs. To find out more and join DCT today, call 01392 248919 or visit our membership page.
This course is for anyone who supports families with disabled children or young people with disabilities and who want to be in a position to assist them to claim disability-related benefits. Many families and young people struggle to establish entitlement to these benefits and need help to complete forms, prepare for assessments and challenge decisions. The right help can make all the difference and securing rightful entitlement can greatly improve the quality of life for the families and young people assisted.
The course will give participants the knowledge and confidence to:
- identify which children and young people are entitled to Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payment
- maximise the chances of successful claims and challenges relating to these benefits
- understand how receipt of these benefits can enhance entitlement to means-tested benefits
YOUR TUTOR: VINCENT WILLSON
Vincent has worked for the Citizens Advice service in Devon since 1985. As an experienced trainer, he has provided benefits training for many years to voluntary and statutory sector staff, covering all aspects of the benefits system from introductory courses to Tribunal Representation. He has been a benefits caseworker for most of his working life, having taken cases to the Upper Tribunal level. He has been providing benefits training for Citizens Advice Devon since 2017. He is the Chief Officer at Citizens Advice Teignbridge.