JOIN US ON THIS 2-hour ONLINE COURSE, PRICED FROM JUST £29.70* FOR DCT MEMBERS!
If you are a participant in our New Start Devon programme, this course is free
*This price include an early booking discount for those who book at least 4 weeks before the course date. As well as this discount that's available for everyone, DCT members also enjoy major savings on many of our training courses, including this one. We welcome new members at any time and you can start saving straight away! Membership costs from just £24 per year so you can recoup this cost very quickly and continue to book future training at membership prices too!
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR AND HOW WILL IT HELP?
Do you have a business idea that gives back to the community/reinvests its profits? Maybe you already do this - you could be a social enterprise and not realise!
Social enterprises are businesses that are driven by making a positive difference to a community, a culture or the environment. Since the pandemic more and more people are re-evaluating their lives and careers and thinking about transforming their ideas and dreams into the reality of a social enterprise.
This 2 hour webinar (Zoom) will explore:
- ‘Am I an Entrepreneur?’ – essential characteristics of social entrepreneurs .
- Key features of social enterprises and how these differ from commercial businesses and grant maintained voluntary organisations.
- The specific terminology of social enterprise – know your ‘assets’ from your ‘equity’.
- The types of businesses/organisations that lend themselves most readily to becoming social enterprises.
- The types of legal structures and business models available to social enterprises*.
* note that Hannah is facilitating a separate workshop ‘Governance and Legal Structures for Social Enterprises’ which will cover the features of the various legal structures in more depth than in this Introduction to Social Enterprise webinar
OBJECTIVES & AIMS
By the end of the webinar participants will:
- Have identified the essential characteristics of an entrepreneur and compared these to their own key strengths and interests.
- Understand what a social enterprise is and the key features of social enterprise as distinct from other forms of business or organisation.
- Learned some of the terminology of social enterprise.
- Have an overview of the legal structures available to social enterprise.
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Hannah is Devon Communities Together Business Enterprise Adviser for New Start Devon business enterprise programme https://devoncommunities.org.uk/projects/enterprise-coaching-new-start-devon .
Formerly a social enterprise consultant, Director of Learning for the School for Social Entrepreneurs and qualified Life Coach, Hannah has great experience in working with social enterprises and helping them thrive.
NEW START DEVON PARTICIPANTS
Attendees of Devon Communities Together - New Start Devon program are eligible for free attendance to this training session. Please select the relevant ticket if you are currently attending the New Start Devon program.