Q - Where can I get funding to support the parish council or our community building during the Covid pandemic?

A - For community groups in Devon there are two main schemes to be aware of. Un-constituted groups may apply but they will need a sponsor e.g., their parish council to enable them to access the fund. In this case you should make contact with your Parish Council in the first instance and they can be supported by the Devon Association of Local Councils (DALC) should they have any queries about being a sponsor.

1. Devon County Council’s Covid Action Fund is available to help community led schemes to enable local level support. For example the scheme can help with costs associated with;

  • safe deliveries of essential goods and services to those who are vulnerable, such as foods and medicines
  • support for accessing online information and services
  • virtual support groups to help people to stay connected and informed and to maintain and support mental health and wellbeing
  • transport-related initiatives that support safe community responses to the outbreak

To find out more and apply to the scheme please see - https://www.devon.gov.uk/coronavirus-advice-in-devon/document/covid-19-prompt-action-fund/

2. The Devon Coronaviris Response and Recovery Fund is administered by the Devon Community Foundation and supports local response groups, the fund and will help the recovery of organisations that have lost income and need to re-build their activity.  http://devoncf.com/give/devon-coronavirus-response-recovery-fund/

For community buildings, most village and community halls should be eligible for two forms of support: 100% business rate relief, (the Expanded Retail Discount or ERD), which is available to places of public assembly and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant (RHLG). Action for Communities in Rural England (ACRE) have compiled guidance on these funding sources which can be accessed here - https://acre.org.uk/rural-issues/coronavirus-rural-halls-and-small-charities

Q - How can I find a local Covid response group?

A The Devon County Council map of Covid support groups is regularly updated and provides a comprehensive database of support available within Devon here - https://www.devon.gov.uk/coronavirus-advice-in-devon/document/covid-19-prompt-action-fund/

To speak to one of our advisors, please call 0808 1963390.