What is LOVE Devon?
LOVE Devon is a campaign that celebrates what's great about our amazing county and works to support the communities living and working in it.
Devon Communities Together is a charity and our work is diverse and widespread, covering a whole range of projects and services that help Devon's communities to help themselves. We cover so many themes and topics that it is difficult for us to quickly explain exactly what we do. But whatever we are working on and whoever we are working with, all you need to remember is that we do it because we LOVE Devon.
LOVE Devon is a great way for the general public to get involved with our work and help us do even more. It is about people like you, people who are passionate about Devon. We are a champion for the people and places of Devon, and there are lots of ways to support our work...
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
1. Tell us why you LOVE Devon! Are you Devon born and bred? Have you moved here from elsewhere and never want to leave? Perhaps you just love to visit? Share your story with us for the chance to win one of five £20 Amazon vouchers. You might even be featured in our campaign in the Western Morning News! Click here for all the details.
2. Donate to LOVE Devon! All funds received by Devon Communities Together on behalf of the LOVE Devon campaign will be put to great use supporting Devon's communities with a variety of services and projects. Donate securely here. your money will support work including:
- Delivering affordable housing for people who want to stay in their home villages
- Supporting local schemes to keep shops, pubs and essential services operating
- Creating local employment opportunities by encouraging entrepreneurship
- Compensating for diminishing public services by encouraging grassroots collaboration
- Maintaining and developing village halls, play areas and community spaces
- Promoting healthier communities through involvement and information sharing
3. Join our fundraising events! For 2018 we have chosen the new village hall project in Widecombe-in-the-Moor to support and we are helping the community to organise a sponsored walk and family fun day on Sunday 16th September. Come and walk or pop along to the fun day, with all proceeds going to the project which is aiming to create a brand new inclusive, accessible village hall in this wonderful Dartmoor community. Full details can be found here. Watch out for news of the 2019 campaign soon!
SPREAD THE WORD...
Tell your family and friends what we are doing for Devon using #LOVEDevon