North Tawton Town Hall is a Grade II listed building of sandstone ashlar with front area railings left and right. The arched head of the Town Hall central doorway presents a keystone inscribed ‘J Parish builder 1849.’
Ashlar is finely dressed (cut, worked) stone, either an individual stone that has been worked until squared or the structure built of it. Ashlar is the finest stone masonry unit, generally cuboid; mentioned by Vitruvius, a Roman architect, civil engineer and military engineer, as opus isodomum, or less frequently trapezoidal.
North Tawton Town Hall is open at certain times during the day and evening for the gathering of community social clubs, organisation groups, and fitness classes.
Stage Productions throughout the year by ANTS Actors of North Tawton Society and YANTS Young Actors of North Tawton Society amateur theatre groups, and Girl Guides biennial pantomime.
Contact a member of North Tawton Town Hall Management Committee to book the ground floor main hall or upstairs room for your event, group activity or meeting:
Bookings: Annette 01837 880054