JOIN US ON THIS FANTASTIC 3 HOUR COURSE, PRICED FROM JUST £27* FOR DCT MEMBERS!
*This price include an early booking discount for those who book at least 4 weeks before the course date. As well as this discount that's available for everyone, DCT members also enjoy major savings on many of our training courses, including this one. We welcome new members at any time and you can start saving straight away! Membership costs from just £24 per year so you can recoup this cost very quickly and continue to book future training at membership prices too!
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR AND HOW WILL IT HELP?
As more policies emerge which will impact on both organisational and individual behaviours, this foundational course will be valuable for anyone who is lost in what can feel like overwhelming data, or opinion pieces on how to approach the climate emergency.
This course will recommend foundational courses of action, but instead of prescribing detailed action plans it will help you gain the foundational knowledge needed to navigate complexity, create action plans suitable to your circumstances and bring the communities around you along on the conversation.
The course will present engaging examples and be delivered in an interactive manner so that discussion of the topics allows for participants to learn through engagement and therefore feel comfortable explaining issues to others.
If there are specific topic areas you are interested in exploring please contact the trainer upon booking.
COURSE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Participants will feel confident to explain the basic science of the climate emergency to others
- Participants will become familiar with key (regional and national) government commitments and legislation to address the climate emergency
- Participants will feel they’ve been introduced to key areas of need in relation to the climate emergency and know how to relate these to carbon baselining and measurement
- Participants will have been introduced to the ‘complex’ nature of the climate challenge, gaining an appreciation that there is often not a clear ‘right’ answer
- Participants will have been introduced to the potential different attitudes to the climate emergency in their community and will have been shown tools to engage key stakeholders in conversations and action planning
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Harry holds an MSc in ‘Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability’ from BTH University (Sweden) which is rooted in facilitation and systems thinking across disciplines. Harry represents Devon Communities Together on the Devon County Council’s Net-Zero Task Force and has hosted a series of climate emergency planning network events for local councillors.